During the Covid 19 period we are operating the showrooms as appointment only - click here to book.
Lyra Kleos MC Cartridge
Etna employs a solid titanium core structure machined with non-parallel surfaces to inhibit internal reflections whenever possible, but unlike Atlas (and Titan i before it), this is mated to a slightly undersized, asymmetric, mirror-black anodized duralumin outer body that locks over the core like a very tightly-fitting jigsaw puzzle. The core and body are augmented with bronze and stainless steel resonance control rods, then pressure-fit together into a pre-stressed, solid, void-free structure which is comprised of multiple materials and complex internal shapes. The constrained-layer nature of this construction dramatically reduces the resonant signature of each material and creates a far more neutral-sounding body structure than otherwise possible, while the high body stiffness benefits transients, dynamics and resolution.
|Manufacturer Link||Lyra Etna|
|Free warranty||2 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
See more Lyra products.
- Type: Medium weight, medium compliance, low-impedance moving coil cartridge
- Stylus: Lyra-designed long-footprint variable-radius line-contact nude diamond (3μm×70μm), slot-mounted
- Cantilever system: Diamond-coated solid boron rod with short one-point wire suspension, directly mounted into cartridge body via high-pressure knife-edge system
- Coils: 2-layer deep, 6 N high-purity copper, chemically-purified high-purity iron cross-shaped former, 4.2 ohm self-impedance, 11μH inductance
- Output voltage: 0.56 mV@5 cm/sec., zero to peak, 45 degrees (CBS test record, other test records may alter results)
- Frequency range: 10 Hz~50 kHz
- Channel separation: 35 dB or better at 1 kHz
- Compliance: Approx. 12×10 cm/dyne at 100 Hz
- Vertical tracking angle: 20 degrees
- Cartridge mounting screws: 2.6 mm 0.45 pitch JIS standard
- Cartridge weight (without stylus cover): 9.2g
- Distance from mounting holes to stylus tip: 9.5 mm
- Recommended tracking force: 1.68~1.78g (1.72 g recommended)