During the Covid 19 period we are operating the showrooms as appointment only - click here to book.
Lyra Atlas MC Cartridge
The Atlas is Lyras new flasgship cartridge. Featuring an asemetric design which suppressed the formation of standing waves within. First, different-shaped structures on the left and right sides of the cartridge body suppress the formation of standing waves within, resulting in a significant reduction of resonance-induced colorations. Second, the asymmetric construction offsets the front magnet carrier and its associated mounting system so that it is no longer in line with the cantilever assembly. This opens up a direct, solid path between the cantilever assembly and tonearm headshell so that vibrations from the cantilever can be quickly drained away once they have been converted into electrical signals, again suppressing induced resonances.
|Manufacturer Link||Lyra Atlas|
|Free warranty||2 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
See more Lyra products.
- Designer: Jonathan Carr
- Builder: Yoshinori Mishima
- Type: Medium weight, medium compliance, low-impedance moving coil cartridge
- Stylus: Lyra-designed long-footprint variable-radio line-contact nude diamond, slot-mounted
- Cantilever System: Diamond-coated solid boron rod with short one-point wire suspension, directly mounted into cartridge body via high-pressure knife-edge system
- Coils: 2-layer deed, 6N high-purity copper, cross-shaped chemically-purified high-purity iron former, 4.2ohm self-impedance, 11uH inductance
- Output Voltage: 0.56mV@5cm/sec., zero to peak, 45 degrees (CBS test record, other test records may alter results)
- Frequency Range: 10Hz - 50kHz
- Channel Separation: 35dB or better at 1kHz
- Compliance: Approx. 12 x 10-6cm/dyne at 100Hz
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20 degrees
- Cartridge Body: One-piece machining from solid titanium billet, with reduced-surface higher-pressure headshell contact area, predominately non-parallel and asymmetrical shaping, phase-interference resonance-controlling mechanism, and body threaded directly for mounting screws.
- Cartridge Mounting Screws: 2.6mm 0.45 pitch JIS standard
- Distance From Mounting Holes To Stylus Tip: 9.5mm
- Cartridge Weight (without stylus cover): 11.6g
- Recommended Tracking Force: 1.65 - 1.75g (1.72g recommended)
- Recommended Load Directly into MC Phono Input: 104ohm - 887ohm (determine by listening, or follow detailed guidelines in user manual)
- Recommended Load via Step-Up Transformer: 5 - 15ohm (Step-up transformer's output must be connected to 10kohm - 47kohm MM-level RIAA input, prefereably via short, low-capacitance cable)
- Recommended Tonearms: High-quality pivoted or linear (tangential) tonearms with rigid bearing(s), adjustable anti-skating force, preferably VTA adjustment