During the Covid 19 period we are operating the showrooms as appointment only - click here to book.
Martin Logan Electromotion ESL X Speakers
The Martin Logan ElectroMotion ESL X has a new large 102cm tall XStat™ electrostatic transducer. This is supplemented by twin 8-inch high-excursion bass drivers in a ported bass reflex cabinet. The two bass drivers are designed using custom made high rigidity paper cones
The componentry used on the ESL X panels replicate the design and performance of the more expensive Martin Logan models, such as custom-wound transformers, air-core coils, large steel laminate inductors, polyester and low DF electrolytic capacitors.
A unique XStat™ transducer was developed for the ElectroMotion Series to reduce the gauge thickness of the electrostatic panel's steel stators. The reduced gauge does not alter the performance characteristics of the panel. However, as a natural byproduct of tighter build tolerances, it does increase the visual transparency of the panel. The EM-ESL X's XStat panel is so visually transparent it nearly vanishes when you're sitting and listening.
Custom 5-way bi-wire binding posts allow for secure wire connections. System Frequency Response is 41–22,000 Hz ±3db. Recommended amplifier power is 20–400 watts per channel. Impedance is rated at 6 ohms (1.6 ohms at 20 kHz); the EM-ESL X is compatible with 4, 6, or 8 ohm rated amplifiers.
|Free warranty||5 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
- Frequency Response 41–22,000 Hz ±3dB
- Dispersion 30° x 40" (101.6cm) line source
- Sensitivity 91 dB
- Nominal Impedance 6 Ohms, 1.6 @ 20kHz
- Recommended Amp Power 20-400 W
- Crossover Frequency 400Hz
- High Frequency Transducer XStat™ CLS™ electrostaic transducer
- Panel Dimensions 1020 x 220 mm
- Radiating Area 344 in2 ( cm2)
- Low Frequency Driver Two 8” (20.3 cm) high excursion, high-rigidity paper cones with extended throw driver assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format, bass reflex
- Weight 23.6kg
- HxWxD:1503 x 238 x 526 mm