Stax SRS-7100 Earspeaker System (SR-L700 / SRM-006tS)
System comprises of Stax SR-L700 Earspeakers and SRM-006tS Kimik Energiser
SR-L700 Details -
The first Lambda series was introduced in 1979. 2015 ushers in a newly designed and advanced Lambda series Earspeaker, the SR-L700! The SR-L700 features rich deep bass-response, delicate high-frequency and soothing mid-range all in a balanced manner.
Top-Quality Sound Element:
As in the SR-009, strictly selected thin-film diaphragm as well as fixed electrodes machined through three-layer stainless etching using heat diffusion has also been employed for the SR-L700. Thus rich deep bass-response, delicate high-frequency and soothing mid-range have been realized in a balanced manner.
Click-Type Arc Assembly:
The arc assembly of the SR-L700 is equipped with 10-click slider mechanism for head-pad height adjustment. Once adjusted, the slider always maintains its optimal position to make its readjustment unnecessary. This enables you to enjoy hours of pleasant listening to music with optimal wear comfort.
Low-Capacitance Wide Hybrid Cable:
Valuable 6N high-purity annealed copper wires are employed for the core wires, and six silver-plated annealed copper wires are arranged for the perimeter. The whole cable uses the conventional wide parallel structure to lower the capacitance between each wire strand. This further improves the "freshness of sound."
New-Structure Genuine Leather Ear Pad:
The new-structure and breath-ability of the genuine leather (sheepskin) ear pad contributes not only to improve the wear feeling through its pliability to the head, but also to enhance the "freshness of sound" and "the grace of sound."
|Free warranty||2 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
- Type: Push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
- Frequency Response: 7-41,000Hz
- Electrostatic Capacitance: 110pF (including attached cable)
- Impedance: 145kOhms (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound Pressure Sensitivity: 101dB / Input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias Voltage: 580V DC
- Ear Pad: Real sheep's leather (skin-touching portion), high-class artificial leather (surrounding portion)
- Cable: Parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide cable
- Cable Conductor: 6N (99.9999%) annealed OFC with silver coating
- Weight: 496g (including attached cable), 360g (without cable)
SRM-006tS Kimik Energiser Details -
The Stax SRM-006tS Energiser is a valve amplifier for use with the Stax range of electrostatic Earspeakers. It features two 6FQ7/6CG7 dual-triode valves, three inputs (one XLR and two RCAs), and can be used to power one or two sets of Earspeakers.
Only available with silver faceplate.
High-voltage dual triode 6FQ7 / 6CG7 are employed in the output stage of the SRM-006tS. The well-sounding rich mid- and low-range tone covers all genres from vocal to orchestra and enables you to enjoy music over a long period of time.
The balanced input via XLR terminal along with the custom-made double axis 4-gang volume controller enabled a full-balanced operation from input to sound element drive.
High-quality relays are placed close to the input terminal to realize the shortest signal path, and the mutual interference between equipment is eliminated by switching the hot / cold side of the signal simultaneously. 3 lines of inputs are equipped including a XLR terminal. One of the RCA input terminals functions as a parallel out directly providing the incoming signal.
- Frequency response DC - 80 kHz / +0, -3 dB
- Rated input level 200 mV with 100 V output
- Max input level 30 V rms with volume at minimum setting
- Gain 60 dB
- THD max 0.02% (1 kHz/100 V rms output)
- Input impedance 50 kOhms
- Max output voltage 300 V rms/1 kHz
- Dimensions (mm) 195W x 103H x 375D, including knobs and terminals)
- Weight 3.4 kg
Kimik Upgrade Details
- Your unit will be fitted with precisely matched high quality, cryogenically treated 6FQ7 tubes. In addition E.A.T. Cool Dampers multi-functional tube rings will been fitted.
- Your energiser will carefully be set up with the bias, offset and balance checked using a special Stax test meter over a 7 day period.
- Also with the fitting of the E.A.T. Tube dampers we achieve a lowering of the background noise thereby giving a more vivid presentation.
- A Synergistic Research SR 20 Quantum Fuse replaces the standard fuse.
- This upgrade gives an increase in performance across the whole audio spectrum over the standard energiser