Stax SRS-5100 Electrostatic Earspeaker System (SR-L500 / SRM-353X)
About the SR-L500 Earspeaker
The first SR-Lambda series was introduced 36 years ago and it has further developed into a new-generation SR-Lambda with its newly designed enclosure - the new SR-L500 advanced Lambda series Earspeaker.
The first Lambda series was introduced in 1979. 2015 ushers in a newly designed and advanced Lambda series Earspeaker, the SR-L500! The SR-L500 features rich deep bass-response, delicate high-frequency and soothing mid-range all in a balanced manner.
Top-Quality Sound Element:
Strictly selected thin-film diaphragm as well as tough stainless fixed electrodes have also been employed for the SR-L500. Thus rich deep bass-response, delicate high-frequency and soothing mid-range have been realized in a balanced manner.
Click-Type Arc Assembly:
The arc assembly of the SR-L500 is equipped with 10-click slider mechanism for head-pad height adjustment. Once adjusted, the slider always maintains its optimal position to make its readjustment unnecessary. This enables you to enjoy hours of pleasant listening to music with optimal wear comfort.
New Low-Capacitance HiFC Wide Cable:
High-performance new HiFC cable has been employed for the core wires. The whole cable uses the conventional wide parallel structure to lower the capacitance between each wire strand. This further improves the "freshness of sound."
High-Quality Artificial Leather Ear Pad:
The high-quality flexible artificial leather ear pad contributes not only to improve the wear feeling, but also to enhance the "freshness of sound" and "the grace of sound."
|Free warranty||3 years|
|Delivery Time||1 - 5 Working Days|
- Type: Push-pull electrostatic, oval sound element, rear open-air type enclosure
- Frequency Response: 7-41,000Hz
- Electrostatic Capacitance: 110pF (including attached cable)
- Impedance: 145kOhms (including attached cable, at 10kHz)
- Sound Pressure Sensitivity: 101dB / Input 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 118dB / 400Hz
- Bias Voltage: 580V DC
- Ear Pad: High-Quality Artificial Leather
- Cable: Parallel 6-strand, 2.5m full length, low-capacity special wide HiFC cable
- Weight: 465g (including attached cable), 339g (without cable)
About the SRM-353X Energiser:
The SRM-353X is the exclusive driver unit (amplifier) produced to drive STAX electrostatic Earspeaker headphones.
Carefully hand selected high quality parts of audio grade further improves tonal quality, and achieved wider frequency response from re-examination of circuitry. Newly added XLR input terminal enables connection of balanced outputs of audio equipment taking full advantage of its superior performance.
- Original low noise dual FET at first stage as well as all stage direct coupling Class A DC amplifier configuration with no coupling capacitor has realized natural tone quality with large amount of information.
- Further improved emitter follower at output stage has enabled wide range reproduction resulting in both the extended dynamic range at high frequency and improved over all tonal quality.
- In addition to RCA input terminal, XLR balanced input terminal has been added to provide connection to wide range of audio equipment.
- Custom made 2 axis 4 gang volume control
- Extravagant non-magnetic aluminium alloy chassis
- Components with little ageing characteristics are hand selected for tonal quality and performance
- Type : All-stage semiconductors, Low-noise dual FET input Class A operation, Pure balance DC amplifier configuration Earspeaker driver unit
- Frequency Response : DC to 90,000Hz (with 1 SR-L series Earspeaker)
- High Harmonic Distortion : Max 0.01% (1kHz at 100V r.m.s. with SR-L500)
- Gain : 60dB (x1000)
- Input Terminal 1 RCA with 1 RCA parallel out and XLR
- Rated Input Level : 100mV / 100V Outputs
- Max. Input Level : 30V (at minimum volume level)
- Input Impedance : 50KΩ(RCA) 50KΩx2(XLR)
- Max. Output Voltage : 400V r.m.s. (1kHz)
- Standard Bias Voltage : PRO 580V x 2
- Power Voltage Frequency : 117V (50Hz / 60Hz)
- Power Consumption : 30W
- Temperature & Humidity : 0 to 35ºC / 90% max. without condensation
- Dimensions : 5.9 (W) x 3.9 (H) x 14.2 (D) in
- Weight : 6.6lbs
- Color : Silver