During the Covid 19 period we are operating the showrooms as appointment only - click here to book.
Lehmann Audio Drachenfels Headphone Amplifier
Lehmann Audio Drachenfels Headphone Amplifier is an affordable model with premium specifications and a new modular design concept, suiting even the most demanding modern headphone users.
Operating as an analogue headphone amplifier, the Drachenfels offers 12dB of practice-oriented gain which, due to the smooth running ALPS Blue Velvet potentiometer with excellent synchronism and the ultra low-noise circuit, dispenses with the need for a gain switch. The advanced technical knowledge that has gone into the circuitry means that the sound performance offers a tremendous wealth of detail and pinpoint timing, all captured within a highly engaging musical envelope.
High Quality Build
From the Neutrik headphone sockets to the low-loss MKP precision capacitors, the audio path is clear and unaffected by unnecessary devices. The clever design also allows it to be used either as a headphone amplifier with two outputs or as a single-input preamp for a power amplifier or set of powered speakers. The small footprint makes placement in or near a system very easy and operation is as simple as pushing the power switch and adjusting the volume dial.
Drachenfels' niche is in its modular design. The back panel is designed to come away from the structure so more input options can be added with upgrade modules, bringing with them more advanced features. The idea for the future is that even when new standards and listening preferences come to market, Drachenfels can be modified to suit rather than discarded and replaced. The Drachenfels is built using the finest components available for the price.
When you buy Drachenfels, you are purchasing a high-quality analogue headphone amplifier. But more than that, you're opening up a gateway to future product developments, all of which can be added with an easy module upgrade, rather than needing to entirely replace your beloved headphone amplifier.
- High-end quality at an affordable price
- Modular concept to adjust to ever-changing configurations
- ALPS Blue Velvet potentiometer
- Neutrik headphone socket with gold-plated contacts
- Low-loss MKP precision capacitors for the audio path
- Configure as a single source preamp or dual-input headphone amp
- Aluminium face plate available in silver or black
|Free warranty||3 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
- Input Impedance: 47kΩ
- Max Gain: 12dB (@max vol setting)
- Freq Resp: 10Hz (-0.3dB) – 35kHz (-1dB)
- Signal/Noise Ratio: > 85dB (@ 0dB gain)
- THD: < 0.006 % (@ 18mW/330Ω)
- Channel Separation: >80dB / 10kHz
- Output Power: 180mW, 110mW (33/330Ω)
- Out Impedance: Line/Headphone (105/5Ω)
- Headphone Out: Neutrik
- Sockets: gold-plated contacts
- Line Out: 1x Switching/Non-Switching
- Line In/Line Out: RCA
- Power Consumption: Approx 4W
- Dimensions (WDH): 160 x 120 x 43mm
- Weight: 500g net (std)