During the Covid 19 period we are operating the showrooms as appointment only - click here to book.
Meridian G65 Digital Sound Controller
Forming the heart of a powerful and flexible Meridian home theatre system, G65 is a highly flexible Surround Controller, featuring many of Meridian’s key technologies such as Meridian Room Correction (MRC) while combining high performance, connectivity and ease of use.
|Manufacturer Link||Meridian G65 Digital Sound Controller|
|Hide price - show call for price||Yes|
|Free warranty||3 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
Forming the heart of a powerful and flexible Meridian home theatre system, G65 is a highly flexible Surround Controller, featuring many of Meridian’s key technologies while combining high performance, connectivity and ease of use. When partnered with the HD621, the G65 features a comprehensive input capability to accommodate the widest range of audio and video sources. Now equipped with SpeakerLink and balanced analogue outputs, G65 is equally at home in Meridian Digital Theatres and with analogue loudspeaker-based systems.
- Meridian Room Correction (MRC) adapts sound to your surroundings, measuring room acoustics and applying filters to smooth out resonances, increasing clarity and definition.
- Balanced analogue outputs allow full integration with traditional power amplifiers and passive loudspeakers.
- Meridian MHR Smart Link® connects CDplayers and streaming systems, and offers the best connection to Meridian’s HD621 HDMI Processor for separate audio and video processing.
- Advanced DSP, including Meridian’s unique “apodising” upsampling filter, delivers exceptional sound quality from all sources, with redesigned master oscillator and clocking circuitry to reduce jitter.
- 8-channel SpeakerLink outputs maximise performance with Meridian DSP Loudspeakers, making installation quicker and easier.
- SpeakerLink inputs for connecting Meridian sources include power, for example to drive an attached Media Source 200.
- Enhanced loudspeaker controls include Centre Elevation and Enhanced Bass Alignment with supported loudspeakers.
- A DB9 connector provides programming and firmware update functionality along with control integration with home automation systems.
- A USB connector is also available for programming and updates
Card-based construction utilising 7-layer boards where inputs and outputs are separated on different boards, each with their own power supply regulation components. Provides lower noise and crosstalk, and improved overall performance.
Meridian Room Correction (Mrc)
Room shape, size, furnishing and loudspeaker positions all influence the sound of any system. Meridian’s Room Correction system uses powerful DSP to smooth out uneven room resonances for clearer sound and better imaging.
FIFO buffering, apodising filters and MHR (Meridian High Resolution) are employed to get the very best performance from all digital sources.
Music, movies and other sources each need their own settings to play correctly. A Meridian system analyses the incoming content and automatically selects the correct group of settings for the source. You just sit back and enjoy the experience.
New Speakerlink Input Board And Dsp
A new SpeakerLink board provides enhanced interoperability between Meridian Controllers and DSP Loudspeakers. Digital Signal Processing has been enhanced for higher clock speeds, giving superb handling of the high sample rates encountered with high-resolution audio sources.
Featuring a double skinned, bead-blasted metal chassis with glass accents, G65 construction ensures that noise is kept away from critical audio components for lifelike details in both film and music playback.
Soft keys only show available options ensuring simple operation, while a rotary knob provides precise volume control – all accessible via the supplied MSR+ system remote.
- Finished in Meridian Silver or Black.
- G65 connects directly to Meridian products like the HD621 HDMI Processor to bring in sound from high-definition video media such as Blu-ray Disc®, and includes a broadcastquality component video switcher.
- 8x SpeakerLink digital (RJ45): L, R, C, Sub, Side L, Side R, Rear L, Rear R
- 8x analogue balanced (XLR): Main L, Main R, Side L, Side R, Rear L, Rear R, Centre, Sub
- 1x MMHR (Meridian Multichannel High Resolution™) 6-channel input designed to receive audio from the Meridian HD621 HDMI processor
- 2x SpeakerLink (RJ45) inputs for connection to Meridian products
- 6x S/PDIF digital (coax), D1–D3 can be configured as a six-channel digital input with Meridian MHR Smart Link®
- 2x Toslink S/PDIF optical inputs
- 8x analogue stereo inputs, (phono). A1–A3 can be configured as x1 six-channel analogue input. 0.5–2.5Vrms adjustable, input impedance 20kΩ
2x Legacy Meridian Comms (DIN), 1x 12V Trigger, 1x IR in for G12 receiver, USB & RS232 remote control/configuration
5x Freescale processors running at 750 MIPS (million instructions per second). 48-bit arithmetic throughout
24-bit Sigma-Delta converter chips operating at up to 96 kHz on analogue inputs and outputs
- Multi-character dot-matrix Vacuum Fluorescent Display
- Front-panel keys back-illuminated; standby button lit when off
- Front-panel soft keys include control of Source, Mute, etc. Power and Display buttons, rotary DSP volume control
- Full remote control via MSR+, serial. Serial link or maintenance USB port used for firmware updates
- Config via serial or front panel wizard
20-character LCD: With adjustable brightness and contrast
Include Direct, Stereo, Music, Trifield, Ambisonics (2-ch UHJ & ≤3-ch B-Format; 4 – 7 speaker decode), Super Stereo, MusicLogic, PLIIx Music, PLIIx Movie, PLIIx THX, TV Logic, Mono, Discrete, Cinema, THX, THX Music, THX Surround EX, THX Ultra2 Cinema and Meridian Room Correction
- Height: 440mm [17.32in]
- Width: 90mm [3.54in]
- Depth: 350mm [13.78in] plus connectors
- Weight: 10kg [22lbs]
Kit available from Meridian authorised dealers
Linear power supply with true toroidal transformer, 50–60Hz, 40W, 120V & 230V