During the Covid 19 period we are operating the showrooms as appointment only - click here to book.
Martin Logan Classic ESL 9 Speakers
The Martin Logan Classic ESL 9 is built around its 9.2-inch-wide Curvilinear Line Source (CLS) XStat vacuum-bonded electrostatic transducer. Advanced MicroPerf stator technology used in the Martin Logan ESL 9 allows the speaker to reveal more of the diaphragm surface area than any other electrostatic panel of similar size, this in turn efficiently increasing the panel’s output.
The AirFrame Blade construction does a fantastic job at reducing vibrations. The Classic ESL 9 panels are attached to the speaker cabinets using a redesigned AirFrame Blade construction, precision manufactured from an aerospace-grade extruded aluminium alloy. The material, and exclusive manufacturing process, makes the panels extremely rigid.
Deep bass is produced with great accuracy and authority via the dual 8-inch low-distortion, high-excursion aluminium cone woofers are housed at the base of the speaker in a beautifully crafted cabinet. Martin Logan use two bass drivers, one at the front of the ESL 9 and one at the back, this design not only results in realistic bass presentation but, goes to further reduce any cabinet vibration.
At the back of the Martin Logan ESL 9 Speakers you will find 2 pairs of binding posts. The ESL 9 also features a low-voltage DC power supply, cutting out the need for a traditional, heavy IEC mains cable.
The crossover in a Martin Logan Classic ESL 9 Speaker is carefully hand built using only the finest capacitors, air-core coils, and low DCR steel laminate coils. The crossover employs Martin Logan’s proprietary Vojtko (Chief Audio Technologist at Martin Logan) topology, dramatically reducing distortion levels.
|Free warranty||5 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
- Frequency Response: 34–23,000 Hz ±3dB
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Vertical Dispersion: 1120 mm line source
- High Frequency Transducer: XStat™ CLS™ electrostatic transducer
- Panel Dimensions: 1120 × 230 mm
- Radiating Area: 405 in2 (2,576 cm2)
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 8” (20.3 cm) cast basket, high excursion, rigid aluminium cone woofers with extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format
- Sensitivity: 90 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms, 0.8 at 20kHz. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amp Power: 20‒400 W
- Crossover Frequency: 380Hz
- Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, low DCR steel laminate coils, polyester capacitors
- Signal Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Power Draw: Max: 2W per channel Standby: <1W per channel
- Weight: 35.4 kg
- Dimensions: 1520 × 364 × 646 mm