Martin Logan Expression ESL 13A
The Martin Logan Expression ESL 13A Speakers are part of the Masterpiece Series. Featuring a dual 10-inch bass driver system common in the more expensive Martin Logan Speakers, the ESL 13A takes the bass performance a step further with the introduction of Anthem ARC technology, for a more balanced and controlled low-frequency response. The combination of the ARC technology alongside the bass drivers, plus Martin Logan’s signature 13-inch wide XStat CLS transducer, delivers a truly great expressive and dynamic performance.
The Impression ESL 13A shares similar DNA with other Martin Logan electro statics, such as, Advanced MicroPerf stator technology, allowing for almost twice the exposed electrostatic diaphragm surface as a traditional electrostatic panel of the same size. A reinforced electrostatic panel with rigid ClearSpar™ spacers, keeping an exact level of tension on the vacuum-bonded diaphragm. Add to these the slender, pointed-arrow design of the new AirFrame™ Blade construction. The electrostatic panel is precision manufactured from an aerospace-grade shaped aluminium alloy. This material, and this exclusive manufacturing process, makes the panels extremely rigid. Resulting in a perfect connection between the panel and the bass cabinet.
What sets the Expression 13A speakers above other Martin Logan’s are some breakthrough redesigns. The 13A bass section is now powered by new dual 300-watt Class-D amplifiers, and controlled by a 24-Bit Vojtko™ DSP Engine and ARC™ (Anthem Room Correction).
Using two 10-inch laser-engineered low-distortion aluminium cone bass drivers in separately enclosed compact chambers, exclusive PoweredForce Forward™ bass alignment technology controls the interaction between the rear-firing driver and the wall behind it. Minimising the effect that a wall has on bass performance, that might bounce back into the listening room.
|Free warranty||5 years|
|Delivery Time||Normally 1 - 5 Working Days (Covid-19 and Brexit Delays Possible, contact us for more information)|
- Frequency Response: 24–23,000 Hz ±3dB
- Horizontal Dispersion: 30°
- Vertical Dispersion: 44" (112cm) line source
- High Frequency Transducer: XStat™ CLS™ electrostatic transducer
- » Panel Dimensions 44" × 13" (112 × 33cm)
- » Radiating Area 572 in2 (3,696 cm2)
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 10” (25.4 cm) PoweredForce Forward™ woofers with cast basket, high excursion, rigid aluminium cone and extended throw drive assembly, non-resonance asymmetrical chamber format.
- Room Correction (Bass Section): Anthem Room Correction (ARC™) ready (Sold Separately)
- Amplifier: Woofer: 2 x 300 watts/channel (4 ohms), 2 x 600 watts peak
- Sensitivity: 91 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms, 0.7 at 20kHz. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20‒600 watts per channel
- Crossover Frequency: 300Hz
- Components: Custom-wound audio transformer, air core coils, polypropylene capacitors. 24-bit DSP based preamplifier (used with woofer amplifier).
- Audio Controls: Bass: ±10 dB under 75 Hz Mid-Bass: –2 dB, 0 db, +2 db Light: On, Dim, Off ARC™ Room EQ: On, Off
- Lighting: LED intensity control: on, dim, off
- Signal Inputs: WBT-0703Cu nextgen™ 5-way binding posts feature a filigree signal conductor made from gold plated, nickel free, non- ferromagnetic, pure copper for high conductivity and fully insulated. Free from eddy current effects.
- Inputs: AC Power, RJ45 (for ARC), mini USB (for ARC)
- Power Draw: Idle: < 1W/channel Max: 500W/channel
- Weight: 46.8 kg
- Dimensions: 1561 × 339 × 699 mm